Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Today in K

Today, we colored, cut, and glued apples in order from smallest to largest.

We learned how to draw girls thanks to inspiration from Kindergarten Smiles and A Place Called Kindergarten.  I also put every book I could find that Mrs. Bell from A Place Called Kindergarten used on hold at our public library to keep our drawing unit rolling in Writer's Workshop.  I am totally revamping my writer's workshop this year.  

I was tempted to dive in with Deanna Jump and Deedee Wills' Writing Through The Year: Unit 1, but my class just isn't quite ready for that yet.

Instead, we are working on drawing and adding details to our drawing, then we will label, write sentences and build our stamina.  With the amount of stories they want to tell me throughout the day, I'm sure we'll be superstar writers by the end of the year :)

Tomorrow, we will make family portraits!

Check out my K-1 Pinterest Board HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Notes for the Teacher