Wednesday, October 17, 2012

A peek at our stations

I recently revamped how Math and Literacy Stations work in my classroom.  That post is coming soon.  In the meantime, here is a glimpse of some our first stations.  They really learned to work well independently doing these centers and got our routine down.

Parker showing off What's Your Bus Number and Victoria showing off Backpack Boogie (version 1) from The Backpack Boogie by Growing Kinders.  I absolutely love all of her creations and they always seem to perfectly match the skill level of my class.  
 Apple patterns from Shannon Martin at Kindergarten Hoppenings.  You can find great free apple activities HERE on her site.  She also recently started creating units for sale and they are great.  She's a rockstar teacher and I used her work a lot last year (my first year teaching K!).


The above activities are all from Deedee Wills' Back to School Math Work Stations.  She's a Kindergarten guru.  She has the greatest games.  My class could play different versions of  them all year!

When I started teaching, I wondered what teachers did before computers and the internet.  Now, I'm wondering what teachers did before the blog world and Teachers Pay Teachers.  It has changed the way I teach and given me access to so many fabulous resources.  Don't you agree?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Notes for the Teacher