Sunday, September 30, 2012

Apple Picking Emergent Reader {FREEBIE}


I wrote a little apple picking story.  It does have some more challenging vocabulary for beginning Kinder readers, but nothing they won't pick up on quickly!

In my room, I will project the full page version onto our interactive whiteboard and have students highlight our sight words and the punctuation marks (all three are included for a little book-print awareness mini lesson).  We will count the apples and write the number on the line.  I will send home the individual readers in their Literacy Bags for them to read with their families.  I am just starting the Literacy Bags this week with their first homework packet, so I want to load them up and get them into our routine early.

If you download this freebie, please leave a comment and let me know how you plan to use it in your classroom.

3 comments:

  1. Rebecca, this is a wonderful book. I love the versatility of being able to use it on the white board and having a smaller version to send home. I appreciate the incorporation of math as well. With the common core standards, this book can be integrated with math, science and language arts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your freebie! I am your newest follower:) Stop by and visit me...

    Jessica
    Learn, Play & Have Fun

    ReplyDelete
  3. another winner! love it! Perfect for a follow up after we do the apple scholastic news! thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete

Notes for the Teacher