Monday, August 20, 2012

Must Have Monday






Today was my first teacher workday and I am wiped out.  I better get myself back in gear before the kiddos come next Monday!

Here are my teaching must haves:
1.  My home computer
I do all of my creations with my large home computer screen, my fun fonts, and in the comfort of my own home.  It also helps that I love the space I get to work in-- my husband custom built me a craft area in our attic.  

2.  Scotch Laminator
I bought a laminator this summer and I'm pretty sure I've already made up for the cost of lamination.  I have to color print at home anyway, so now I can get everything prepped at once.  I am so impressed by the quality of the lamination.

Need this mug!

3.  Coffee
My sweet husband makes me coffee every morning.  I always have a cup before I head to work.  It gives me a chance to have a few quiet moments to myself before the day begins.

4.  storylineonline.net
This is a great website.  When the kids need a little brain break, this is one of my go-to sites.  Isn't it funny how much more interested they are in the story when someone other than you is reading it?!  This captures their attention immediately (and gives me a breather!)


5.  My planner
I am a list writer.  I make several to do lists a day.  My planner contains every meeting, meal, workout class, appointment, etc.  I just love the act of writing everything down.  I don't think any amount of technology will change that for me!!

6.  The public library
My book collection is still growing, so I rely on the library for many of the books I use in my classroom.  I also rely on it for myself.  I love to end the day with a great book.


Check out some other Must Haves 
Blog Hoppin


1 comment:

  1. Rebecca, I loved meeting you at the Bloggers lunch in Columbia. Even though I teach third grade, I am following your blog. You have great ideas a great sense of humor! I can use many of your suggestions in third too:)

    ReplyDelete

Notes for the Teacher